Attorney-at-Law | European Patent Attorney
Dr. Hannes Burger
Managing partner of Anwälte Burger und Partner Rechtsanwalt GmbH since 2008.
Hannes Burger has been specialized in intellectual property rights for many years and is nationally and internationally active in prosecution as well as litigation regarding the field of IP.
Hannes studied law at the University of Linz and is Attorney at Law in Austria, admitted to the bar in Germany, as well as European Patent Attorney. This double qualification is quite rare in the Europe and especially in the German speaking countries, where only a handful of Attorneys at Law hold the qualification before the European Patent Office.
Hannes has almost twenty years of experience in cross national IP litigation and enforcement, and advised clients in a wide range of industries, from mechanical engineering to medical devices, chemicals to biotech.
- Cross border IP litigation
- National and international patent law as well as related legal and technical disputes
- IP-related contracts (inter alia support and assistance in contract negotiations in Austria and abroad)
- Legal support for European companies relating to IP matters (e.g. directly on site in China)
- Confiscation of patent-infringing products and enforcement of rights in China for well-known Swiss companies
- Advising Austrian industrial companies regarding patent and license negotiations on site, e.g. in South Korea
- Conducting license negotiations for Austrian companies e.g. with. US companies
- Assisting Austrian companies in settlement negotiations in the field of patent law with e.g. well-known companies in Great Britain
- Preservation of evidence in several countries in order to enforce patent infringing claims for industrial companies
- Managing and coordinating other Attorneys-at-Law in international infringement lawsuits for industrial companies
- Conducting out-of-court negotiations relating to unlawful deprivation of inventions
- Drafting concepts for dealing with claims resulting from employee inventor compensation for multiple Austrian corporations
- Challenging and defending numerous patents during opposition and nullity proceedings
- Drafting Intellectual Property strategies, e.g. for a Bio-Tech start-up company in Switzerland
- Authorized Representative before the European Patent Office by passing the EQE exam
- Admission to the Munich Bar Association as a European Attorney-at-Law
- Foundation of the law firm Anwälte Burger & Partner Rechtsanwalt GmbH in 2008
- Doctorate in Law (Dr. jur.) and Austrian bar examination
- Law Studies at the Johannes Kepler University Linz